Friday, December 2, 2011

Nebula Nails

Hey Guys!

So I took an attempt at trying the Nebula Nails trend, and simply because I'm not really that creative/artsy of a person, it took me 3 tries to get it to where I was pleased with how it looked.



First off I will start by saying, that the look that I did was based off of Sokolum79 from Youtube's blog, and then when searching on how to go about achieving the look, I found another blog with a bit of a step-by-step - both of which I will post below.

The nail polishes I used to create this look were as follows -
*Sinful Colours - Secret Admirer #933
*Sinful Colours - Let's Talk #929
*Sinful Colours - Hot Spot #943
*Essie - Dive Bar #728 (I love the name of this polish!)
*Nicole by OPI - Nicole's Nickle
*NYC - Grand Central Station #202B Top Coat



One tip when using Nicole's Nickle, pour a little on your palette and using your makeup sponge, dab it into the polish and dab off the excess on a blank space on the palette, that way when applying to your nails all you're getting are a few small glitter flecks to be the stars.



Now I know this picture is really cruddy... but this is my final look. If I were to do this over, I would have added some white in a few areas, but very slightly, just to give it a little more dimension. This nail look is really fun once you have it and I did end up getting a few compliments on it while at work and out and about!

So if you're really into nail art and are looking for something new and fun to do, I definitely recommend giving this a try! It take some imagination, but that really is part of the fun of it!


Links to references:
Sokolum79's youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/sokolum79
Sokolum's blog - http://www.sokolum.com/2011/11/nebula-nails.html
Blog used for how to - http://attackedastorianails.blogspot.com/2011/01/quick-nebula-nail-art-tutorial.html






No comments:

Post a Comment